Full conference name: Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators 2007
Venue: Charles University in Prague - Carolinum, Ovocný trh 3/5, 116 36 Prague 1
Date: 23th - 25th May 2007
This conference was held under the auspices of:
- Mr. Martin BURSIK, Minister of the Environment of the Czech Republic.
- Mr. Jan Fischer, President of the Czech Statistical Office,
Jan Evangelista Purkyne University in Usti nad Labem (CZ) in collaboration with Charles University (Prague), the Czech Statistical Office and Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic organized the 3rd international conference "Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators (EA-SDI) 2007" which took place in the Charles University, Prague on 23-25 of May, 2007.
About the conference
This was a third conference in a row held by Jan Evangelista Purkyne University in collaboration with Charles University focused on environmental accounting and sustainable development indicators. We have invited all the interested participants to discuss the present situation, to determine both theoretical and practical achievements and set up the objectives for the future development in the area.
The mission of the event was to promote awareness of sustainable development concepts and tools by using indicators and environmental accounting framework.
The main theme of the Conference was the urgent need to take steps by international organizations, states, local authorities, and non-governmental organizations towards a sustainable development. In this way, the Conference contributed to the worldwide debate and efforts in strengthening the bridge between theory and practice in meeting environmental threats and challenges.
The Conference brought together around 110 environmental experts, academics, statisticians, officials, accounting and financial managers, other business specialists, scholars and researchers from around 30 countries of the world.
The participants discussed how the following accounting methods could be employed for derivation of credible and policy relevant sustainability indicators:
- Accounting of ecosystem stocks and services
- Accounting of environmental activities (e.g. environmental expenditures, eco-industry)
- Accounting of environmental transactions (e.g. transferable rights and allowances)
- Carbon accounting
- Damages, externalities and welfare: valuation, accounting and indicators
- Ecological footprint accounting
- Environmental accounting and reporting at micro level
- Land use and land cover accounting
- Material and energy flow accounting
- Measurement of de-coupling and EKC testing
- Population census 2010 as a tool for Environmental policy
Registartion is closed
Project management: Jan Evangelista Purkyne University in Usti nad Labem, CZ
web pages of the EA-SDI conferences: http://ea-sdi.ujep.cz